Service level standards
WorkCover Queensland's service level standards ensure we provide a consistent, high level service to our partners and customers. We aim to:
- deliver the best possible benefits and services to workers at the lowest cost to employers, through rehabilitation and case management based on achieving return to work outcomes as early and safely as possible
- deliver appropriate services efficiently and effectively to workers
- maintain clear lines of communication with our providers and work with them to provide focused rehabilitation for our workers.
We encourage health providers to meet our service level standards when providing services, such as return to work and suitable duties programs, functional capacity evaluations and worksite evaluations and associated reports.
Our service level standards have been developed following consultation with the following associations/entities:
- Australian Rehabilitation Providers Association (ARPA)
- Occupational Therapy Association (Queensland division)
- Australian Physiotherapy Association (Queensland branch)
- Australian Psychological Society (Queensland division).
Service level standards
Health providers are expected to work within the following guidelines:
- complete assessments within five days of receipt of the referral. Providers need to communicate immediately with the referrer should this timeframe not be achievable
- provide reports to us within five days of completing the service
- submit suitable duties programs within 48 hours of the assessment
- provide all written communication electronically to the referring customer advisor
- respond to phone messages and email communication from WorkCover within 24 hours
- provide EFT details to us for invoicing purposes—we only pay by EFT
- lodge invoices within thirty days of the service being completed
- do not talk about our process with the worker or their employer.
Service level standard audits
We may audit providers to identify if they are working in line with our service level standards.
If you are audited, you'll need to show:
- you are registered in the state of Queensland (if applicable for their relevant profession)
- evidence of a minimum of six months experience in occupational rehabilitation (or evidence that professional supervision is provided for at least six months)
- evidence of internal quality assurance measures (if requested)
- examples of reports for services you've completed (for example, worksite assessment, suitable duties program, functional capacity evaluation).
- Last updated
- 29 June 2015
Are your contact details up to date?
Make sure you are receiving information related to your WorkCover policy. Review your contact details online by logging into WorkCover Connect. Once logged in, select 'Contact > Change premium contact details' from the menu, and update if required.