How to request treatment
With an accepted claim, WorkCover Queensland will cover the cost of hospitalisation of a worker as an in-patient at a private or public hospital. See our medical and rehabilitation expenses information under support and benefits for more information on what costs we cover.
A request for surgery form must be completed prior to the hospitalisation of the worker and must be approved by us.
To request private hospital accommodation for a patient, complete the hospitalisation request form and submit online. This will:
- speed up the approval process for accepted claims
- allow doctors to provide basic information regarding the worker, making it easier to manage the claim in the immediate future
- reduce the need for requests for reports in the post hospitalisation or post-operative phase.
You can submit the form to WorkCover:
- using our online services
- by fax to 1300 651 387
- by post to GPO Box 2459, Brisbane Qld 4001.
The cost of the treatment provided in hospital will be paid in accordance with the medical fees schedule.
We will respond to your request within one business day.
- Last updated
- 29 June 2015