Are you a specialist medical practitioner looking to make a difference to the lives of working Queenslanders?
Apply to join the General Medical Assessment Tribunal—independent panels of specialists who make decisions on complex medical questions.
Tribunals are an integral part of the Queensland workers’ compensation scheme, providing an independent medical assessment of injury or impairment for workers’ compensation claims.
- a generous remuneration package
- intellectually stimulating work
- the opportunity to learn, interact and network with other senior practitioners
- virtual attendance if required
- paid training in assessment methodology
- modest time commitment for busy clinicians
- protection from civil liability.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from specialists in the following fields:
- general surgery
- obstetrics and gynaecology
- infectious diseases
- internal medicine
- maxillofacial surgery
- occupational medicine
- paediatric medicine
- rehabilitation medicine
- thoracic medicine
- vascular surgery.
Applications close 30 April 2021.
Regional or interstate specialists are encouraged to apply.
The Office of Industrial Relations recognises the importance of diverse representation and supports the Queensland Government strategy to achieve gender equity on Government bodies.
For more information about appointment to the tribunals please call (07) 3842 2764.