Joining the Safety Leadership at Work program represents a visible commitment to safety leadership and helps build a positive safety culture in Queensland workplaces.
The Safety Leadership at Work Program aims to:
- Support effective safety leadership practices at all levels of industry and workplaces by recognising that anyone can be a safety leader and contribute to a positive safety culture.
- Promote a workplace culture where thinking about health and safety is as natural as thinking about quality, profit or customer service.
- Promote the importance of involving everyone, including work health and safety representatives and committees, in decisions about creating a positive safety culture.
- Encourage a workplace culture that empowers people to report incidents and builds a resilient safety culture, leading to continuous improvement.
- Recognise that healthy workers are productive workers and support leadership in work health and wellbeing programs.
- Share successful rehabilitation and return to work outcomes, including treatment and support for workers to resume productive work as soon as possible.
- Support industry networking events and the development of industry networks, such as supply chain partnerships to promote safety leadership.
- Enable organisations to share their innovative health and safety practices, knowledge and experiences to build the collective knowledge of industry.
- Encourage other workplaces to adopt the principles outlined in this charter.