Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is the State of Queensland through the Office of Industrial Relations (ABN 13 846 673 994) of 1 William Street, Brisbane City, 4000 (Promoter).
- Entry into the Ride ready competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions (Terms).
- Entry is open to residents of Queensland aged 18 years or over, who have completed the quiz, excluding:
- employees of the Promoter and their immediate family members
- management, employees, directors and contractors of the promoter, its related bodies corporate, firms or companies associated with the competition (including suppliers of prizes)
- a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 3(a) of these terms
- persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any competition run by or on behalf of the promoter
- (eligible entrants). The persons referred to in paragraph 3(c) of these terms includes natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter). The Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an eligible entrant in its absolute discretion.
- The competition commences on 12 September 2017 at 9:00am (AEST) and concludes on 13 October 2017 at 5:00pm (AEST) (competition period). With the draws taking place on 13 October 2017.
How to enter
- To enter the competition, entrants must visit the Ride ready website at https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/rideready or enter on the Workplace Health and Safety Queensland Facebook page at http://woobox.com/j3pyzt, then
- enter the competition on the website and ensure their email address entered is spelt correctly
- read and agree to these terms.
- Entrants can only enter the Competition once. For the avoidance of doubt, entering the Competition is one entry.
- Entries must be received during the competition period. The time of entry will, in each case, be the time that the entry is recorded on the servers of the Promoter, not at the time of transmission by the entrant. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Any costs associated with accessing the website are dependent on the internet service provider used by the entrant and will be borne by the entrant.
- The promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to accept or reject any entry.
Draws and prizes
- Drawing of the five winners will be done on 13 October 2017 at the Office of Industrial Relations, 1 William Street, Brisbane City, 4000 (prize draw).
- The winners will be selected at random.
- Each winner will receive a Shark X16 ATV ROV helmet of their chosen size and colour (subject to availability). The prize is subject to terms and conditions (which include limitations on use) of a third party. The promoter accepts no responsibility for the prize.
- Winners will be notified via the email address they provided at entry. To claim the prize, the winner must provide their postal address, helmet size and desired colour. The Promoter will securely post the prize to the winner at the address supplied. The promoter and their competition partners are not responsible for any loss or damage in relation to the prize once it has been awarded.
- If a winner does not accept their prize within one week of the prize draw, a further prize draw will be conducted from all remaining entries.
- The promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to select alternate winner/s if it determines that the winner/s do not adequately satisfy these terms.
- Prizes are not transferable and not redeemable for cash. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu.
- If the prize is unavailable, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute for the prize with another prize of equal value as determined by the promoter. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize.
- The promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to verify, or require the entrant to verify, the entrant’s identity, eligibility to enter the competition, entry submitted and compliance with these terms.
- If there is a dispute about the identity of the entrant, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine the identity of the Entrant.
- All entries become the property of the promoter.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that:
- their personal information will be collected by the promoter for the purpose of conducting the competition, conducting future competitions and for marketing purposes, and
- their personal information may be disclosed by the promoter in accordance with the promoter’s rights under these terms
- if they win the prize, the promoter can use their personal information to credit them for their entry and disclose their personal information in communication about the competition.
- If the competition is compromised in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the promoter, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition. Notice of any changes to the competition, including any consequential changes to these terms, will be given at the Ride ready website.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, each entrant completely releases Shark helmets from all liability arising in any way out of the competition. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Shark helmets.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the promoter is not liable for any injury, damages, expenses or loss whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) to persons or property arising in any way out of the competition.
- Each entrant indemnifies and keeps indemnified the promoter against all claims, losses or damages and expenses suffered by the promoter or any third parties arising out of the breach of these terms, the conduct of the entrant in relation to the competition, or use of the prize.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into regarding such decisions, the competition, these terms or the results.
- Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights
- Last updated
- 12 September 2017