Check out our free resources to help you plan your own health and safety awareness programs at your workplace. Safe Work Month in October is the perfect time to hold events, engage your teams and display safety messaging in your workplace. Keep health and safety top of mind all year round with our extensive range of resources.
Download them here or order copies.
Note: Orders are limited to five copies of each resource.
Use our collection of short films as engaging and educational features at your event, or to start a work health and safety discussion among your team or supply chain partners.
Our documentary films about the impact a workplace safety incident can have on a person and their family, colleagues and friends are good reminders that the most important reason for making your workplace safe, is not at work at all. Here's a selection of our personal story films or visit our YouTube channel for other film resources.
- Playing it safe with Shane Webcke
- I love you, Dad - The Dale Kennedy story
- Too fast, too soon - Domenic's story
- Jason's story - The Jason Garrels story
- Losing breath - The Adam Sager story
- Forever young - The Tim Martin story (Available only upon request)
- A rush of blood - The Miles Paterson story
- In it for the long haul - The Tiffany Ward story
- Building bridges - The Jed Millen story
- Safety facilitation film based on the true story of Jed Millen
- Between a rock and a hard place - The Garry Nichols story
- Changing focus - The Gavan McGuane story
A number of these films are available on DVD. Use our order form to request your copies.
Distribute our inspirational or informative postcards to your team to highlight the most important reasons for staying safe at work, or give them insight into the biggest injury risks in your industry. Request your copies.
There are industry infographic postcards for the agriculture (PDF, 0.39 MB), construction (PDF, 0.38 MB), manufacturing (PDF, 0.34 MB), health (PDF, 0.29 MB) and transport (PDF, 0.39 MB) industries, as well as overall results for Queensland (PDF, 0.35 MB) and work-related mental disorders (PDF, 0.22 MB).
Download our posters to provide safety inspiration to your workforce all year round. Put them up in your common areas for greatest impact. You can also request copies of the posters.
Download Shane Webcke poster (PDF, 0.62 MB).
Read more about Queensland Safety Ambassador - Shane Webcke.
Use our online tools to help you implement positive health and safety change in your workplace.
Work health and safety eTools - Estimate return on safety investments, and assess the risks from noise, heat stress and hazardous manual tasks in order to keep your workers safe.
- Return on investment calculator (determine the return on investment of a workplace health and safety intervention)
- PEforM etool (Participative Ergonomics for Manual Tasks)
- MantRA (hazardous manual tasks risk assessment tool)
- Noise Exposure Calculator (calculate daily noise exposure and guidance on controls)
- Heat Stress (Basic) Calculator (identify risk factors of heat-related illness)
Healthy places audit tool (PDF, 0.23 MB) – helps you to identify the resources and facilities available and changes you can make to support wellness at work.
Organisational systems benchmarking tool – a benchmarking tool to help you assess your work health and safety, rehabilitation and return to work and worker health and wellbeing systems.
People at Work – a tool to help you identify and manage workplace risks to mental health of employees.
Safety fundamentals toolkit – a toolkit for small businesses, including sole traders, that helps you understand your legal obligations and comply with the law to create a safer, healthier and more successful business.
Industry and topic-specific resources
- Serious about farm safety guide (PDF, 0.69 MB)
- Using drones to improve safety and efficiency in cattle yards
- Ride ready resources
- Between a rock and a hard place - Garry's story (Safety advocate film)
- Too fast, too soon – Domenic's story (Safety advocate film)
- Your quad bike - Is it the right tool for the task?
- Safety in animal handling
- Remote and isolated work
- Tractors - A crushing blow
- Crate to Crate - A solution for cross loading cattle
- Live Well Farm Well - Healthy Eating
- Live Well Farm Well - Physical Activity
- Health and wellbeing at work films
- The neuroscience of chronic pain, Professor Lorimer Mosely
- Injured worker engagement: overcoming perception-based barriers to return to work, Blythe Rowe
- The science of sleep and fatigue in the workplaces, Dr Nicholas Mabbot
- Human factors in safety critical domains, Professor Paul Salmon
- Intelligent not Artificial – the future of work and why we’ll still have baristas (not coffee machines) in the year 2040, Dr Stefan Hajkowicz
- The right start - shaping a culture of safety for young workers (Film)
- Overhead powerlines – Electrical exclusion zones (Film)
- Respirable crystalline silica in the construction industry – Toolbox talk for the construction industry (PPTX, 1.17 MB)
- Information for employers: Managing respirable crystalline silica in the construction industry (PDF, 0.2 MB)
- Information for workers: Managing respirable crystalline silica in the construction industry
- Managing the risk of falls while working on roofs in housing construction (PDF, 3.14 MB)
- Building bridges – Jed's story (Safety advocate film)
- Safety facilitation film based on the true story of Jed Millen
- Loading and unloading mobile plant
- Safely loading and unloading elevating work platforms
- Using elevating work platforms safely
- Working in and around mobile plant
- Engaging and communicating with the brain in mind, Peter Kennedy
- Measuring for success – performance indicators and executive reporting, Karen Wolfe
- Change management and cultural maturity, Anna Clarkson
- For more safety leadership and culture resources, visit the Safety Leadership at Work page
- Manufacturing – Health and wellbeing at work film
- The right start – shaping a culture of safety for young workers
- Capral Aluminium - Involving workers to develop solutions for hazardous manual tasks
- Hot work and welding near explosive substances
- No sprains, big gains (PErforM)
- Machinery guarding
- Isolating machinery when not in production
- Secondary psychological injuries and PTSD, Dr Andrew Khoo
- Creating psychologically healthy workplaces, Dr Natasha Lazareski
- Mentally healthy workplaces toolkit
- Fatigue management, Professor Drew Dawson
- Prevention and management of work-related violence
- For more mental health resources, visit the Mentally Healthy Workplaces page
- Total worker health – an integrated approach to work, health, safety and wellbeing, Dr L. Casey Chosewood
- What does the future of work look like?, Dr Stefan Hajkowicz
- Evidence-based practice for the prevention of work-related MSDs, Professor Robin Burgess-Limerick
- MSD prevention – how do I get started?, Tammy Roberts
- Using technology to prevent MSDs, Robert Sobyra
- The anatomy of an MSD, Dr Garry Dennis
- Workplace design for better health, safety, wellness and productivity at NOJA Power – a case study, Jay Manne and RabiulAlam
- The future of office design, computer-based work and changes in technology, Dr Margaret Cook
- Current and emerging occupational lung diseases, Associate Professor Deborah Yates
- Industrial ventilation: silica, David Bromwich
- On-tool dust extraction for dry concrete drilling, cutting and grinding operations in construction, Dr Martin Stirling
- Preventing dust from entering mobile and fixed plant cabins, Greg Manthey
- Removing barriers to lung health and compliance issues, Dr Tristan Casey
- Selecting the right respiratory equipment, Mark Reggers and Travis Allen
- Young worker safety toolkit – For managers, supervisors, leaders and mentors (PDF, 4.12 MB)
- An introduction to risks at work – a presentation for young workers (PPTX, 3.87 MB)
- Keeping young workers safe – a workshop for workplace supervisors and managers (PPTX, 4.08 MB)
- The right start – building safe work for young workers (film)
- Jason's story (film)
- Good work design for young workers webinar
- Influencing the safety of young workers webinar
- Electrical safety for apprentices (film)