Terms and conditions
- The promoter is the State of Queensland through the Office of Industrial Relations (ABN 13 846 673 994) of 1 William Street, Brisbane City, 4000 (Promoter).
- Entry into the Safe Work Month Launch (Promotion) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions (Terms).
- Entry is open to residents of Queensland aged 16 years and over who have registered for the Safe Work Month Launch on Friday 1 October 2021, excluding:
- employees of the Promoter and their immediate family members
- management, employees, directors and contractors of the promoter, its related bodies corporate, firms or companies associated with the promotion (including suppliers of prizes)
- a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 3(a) of these terms
- persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter (eligible entrants).
- The persons referred to in paragraph 3(c) of these terms includes natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter). The Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an eligible entrant in its absolute discretion.
- The competition commences on Friday 1 October 2021 at 9.00am (AEST) and concludes on Friday 1 October 2021 at 10.20am (AEST) (promotion period).
How to enter
- To enter the Promotion, entrants must register for the Safe Work Month Launch event at https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/news-and-events/events/2021/safe-work-month/safe-work-month-launch and submit their answer to the two audience questions from our MC through the discussion chat box in the event portal. The first entrant to respond correctly to the two questions will win the prize.
- Entries must be received during the event period. The time of entry will be the time that the entry is recorded in the discussion chat box, not at the time of transmission by the entrant. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Any costs associated with accessing the Safe Work Month Launch event and submitting your question, are dependent on the internet service provider used by the entrant and will be borne by the entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to accept or reject any entry.
Draw and prize
- The prize draw will take place on Friday 1 October 2021 at the Office of Industrial Relations, 1 William Street, Brisbane City, 4000 (prize draw).
- There is one prize available and the winner will be selected by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland.
- The prize winner will receive a Queensland Country Women’s Association Country Kitchens cookbook, a cookbook by Justine Schofield and a signed Shane Webcke football.
- The prize will be mailed, using the postal address the Entrant provides when contacted by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland. The Promoter accepts no responsibility if the postal address has been incorrectly provided.
- The prize winner will be publicly announced on the Workplace Health and Safety Queensland Facebook page. at https://www.facebook.com/WorkSafeQueensland.
- The Promoter and their promotional partners are not responsible for any loss or damage in relation to the prize once it has been awarded.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to select an alternate winner if it determines that the winner does not adequately satisfy these terms.
- If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize with another prize of equal value as determined by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to verify, or require the entrant to verify, the entrant’s identity, eligibility to enter the promotion, entry submitted and compliance with these terms.
- If there is a dispute about the identity of the entrant, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine the identity of the Entrant.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that:
- their personal information will be collected by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting the Promotion, conducting future promotions and for marketing purposes
- their personal information may be disclosed by the Promoter in accordance with the promoter’s rights under these terms
- if they win the prize, the Promoter can use their personal information to credit them for their entry and disclose their personal information in communication about the promotion.
- If the Promotion is compromised in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion. Notice of any changes to the Promotion, including any consequential changes to these terms, will be given in the event portal.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any injury, damages, expenses or loss whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) to persons or property arising in any way out of the Promotion.
- Each entrant indemnifies and keeps indemnified the Promoter against all claims, losses or damages and expenses suffered by the Promoter or any third parties arising out of the breach of these terms, the conduct of the entrant in relation to the Promotion, or use of the prize.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the Promotion is final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into regarding such decisions, the Promotion, these Terms or the results.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.