Category eleven – Best rehabilitation and return to work management system
Endeavour Foundation is a leader in the field of disability support, and has a strong commitment to workforce safety, wellbeing and culture.
After success with WorkCover Queensland's Recover at work (RAW) program, Endeavour committed to embracing the RAW ethos, and set out to change the language and attitudes of their workplace.
This resulted in a review of their injury management policy and procedures to encompass the recover at work language, including position titles and documentation. Recover at work plans are sent to general practitioners (GP) highlighting the availability of flexible ongoing duties for injured or ill workers.
This approach forms the foundation of Endeavour's rehabilitation and return to work system which includes access to:
- a suite of Recover at work documents (RAW)
- a dedicated Recover at work coordinator (RAWC)
- injury reporting system experts
- a free employee assistance program
- monthly onsite training for work health and safety and RAW process
- injury assist hotline (24/7).
Endeavour Foundation supported apprentice, Josh (right), gets back to full pre-injury duties.