CV Services Group provides electrical design and construction solutions, communications and data, electrical infrastructure, facilities management, maintenance services and commercial signage.
CV Services Group implemented a range of injury prevention measures to target repetitive injuries such as lacerations, eye injuries, muscle strains and back injuries. Key elements included:
- policy changes to reduce eye injuries and lacerations, including the mandatory use of gloves, glasses and long sleeves and pants
- introducing the 'Back Fit Stay Fit' program, developed in conjunction with Spinal Injuries Association and an occupational therapist
- consulting with workers at safety forums and toolbox talk programs
- promoting work health and safety
- a safety induction program
- developing an electrical safety and compliance manual
- regular on-site inspections and yearly external audits.
The initiatives have led to significant improvements in the group's performance with the lost time injury frequency rate reducing from 27.7 per million working hours in 2009/10 to zero per million working hours in 2013/14.
We've worked with CV Services Group to share their innovative approach to safety in a short video.