Seqwater ensures a safe, secure, resilient and reliable water supply for South East Queensland as well as providing essential flood mitigation services and managing catchment health.
Seqwater's 'Be healthy, be wealthy' workplace health and wellbeing program delivers targeted health programs based on SNAP (smoking, nutrition, alcohol and physical activity) risk factors for chronic disease. It also identifies health risks in Seqwater's employees.
Some initiatives that have been implemented to address Seqwater's health risks and SNAP risk factors include:
- annual health and wellbeing assessments
- free quit smoking program, including 14 weeks of free nicotine replacement therapy and contact with Quitline
- health, wellbeing and nutrition seminars
- facilities for voluntary and confidential health and wellbeing assessments conducted by external providers.
Results from the organisation's health profile (via health and wellbeing assessments) and staff feedback are used to develop specifically targeted programs and initiatives, aligning with the reduction of SNAP risk factors.
Staff who participated in the 2012 and 2013 health and wellbeing assessments achieved a:
- 38 per cent improvement in blood glucose levels
- 49 per cent reduction in blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- 29 per cent improvement in body mass index
- 46 per cent reduction in waist measurements.