WorkPac is a labour provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and health care industries.
WorkPac developed its own custom safety management system called MaxSafe. MaxSafe is a key component of Max, WorkPac's software application that manages information and supports safety and risk management activities. Max recently underwent a major transformation and the new product, ChilliMax, has significantly enhanced and improved MaxSafe's capability.
The system is driven by 10 occupational health and safety risk managers and injury management coordinators and supported by proactive localised site safety activities such as toolbox talks and client-employee interactions.
Key elements of MaxSafe include:
- background checks (including tickets, licenses and previous safety performance)
- a register of potential hazards and control measures
- pre-employment medical screening and assessment
- drug and alcohol impairment testing
- attitudinal/psychometric testing
- incident reporting, investigation and management (including workers' compensation, claims management and rehabilitation).
In the past 12 months, MaxSafe achieved a lost time injury frequency rate of 0.9 and workers' compensation premiums of more than 20 per cent less than the industry average.