Enter our Facebook competition from Monday 5 September 2022.
Terms and conditions
- The promoter is the State of Queensland through the Office of Industrial Relations (ABN 13 846 673 994) of 1 William Street, Brisbane City, 4000 (Promoter).
- Entry into the Question and Answer competition (Promotion) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions (Terms).
- Entry is open to residents of Queensland aged 16 years or over, who have liked the Electrical Safety Office Facebook page, excluding:
- employees of the Promoter and their immediate family members
- management, employees, directors and contractors of the promoter, its related bodies corporate, firms or companies associated with the promotion (including suppliers of prizes)
- a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 3(a) of these terms
- persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter (eligible entrants).
- The persons referred to in paragraph 3(c) of these terms includes natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter). The Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an eligible entrant in its absolute discretion.
- The competition consists of five questions that will be released daily, commencing on Monday 5 September 2022 at 9am (AEST) and concludes on Friday 9 September 2022 at 11.59pm (AEST) (promotion period).
- Question one will be released on Monday 5 September 2022 at 9am (AEST) and closes on Monday 5 September 2022 at 11.59pm (AEST).
- Question two will be released on Tuesday 6 September 2022 at 9am (AEST) and closes on Tuesday 6 September 2022 at 11.59pm (AEST).
- Question three will be released on Wednesday 7 September 2022 at 9am (AEST) and closes on Wednesday 7September 2022 at 11.59pm (AEST).
- Question four will be released on Thursday 8 September 2022 at 9am (AEST) and closes on Thursday 8 September 2022 at 11.59pm (AEST).
- Question five will be released on Friday 9 September 2022 at 9am (AEST) and closes on Friday 9 September 2022 at 11.59pm (AEST).
How to enter
- To enter the promotion, entrants must visit the Electrical Safety Office’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/electricalsafetyoffice (Facebook page) then:
- Read and agree to the Terms
- Post your answer to the question of the day on the Facebook page.
- Entrants can only enter the Promotion once per day for the duration of the Promotion period. For the avoidance of doubt, the positing of one comment on the Facebook Page is one entry. If multiple entries are submitted by an entrant, only the first entry posted by the entrant on the Facebook Page will be considered for the Promotion.
- Entries must be received during the promotional period. The time of entry will, in each case, be the time that the entry is recorded on the servers of the Promoter, not at the time of transmission by the entrant. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Any costs associated with accessing the Facebook Page are dependent on the internet service provider used by the entrant and will be borne by the entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to accept or reject any entry.
- The prize draw will take place on Wednesday 14 September 2022 at the Office of Industrial Relations, 1 William Street, Brisbane City, 4000 (prize draw).
- The five prize winners will be selected by random draw.
- The prize winners will receive a trade equipment gift voucher valued at $100. The prize is subject to terms and conditions (which include limitations on use) of a third party. The promoter accepts no responsibility for the prize.
- The prize winners will be publicly announced on our Facebook page on the day of the prize draw. To claim the prize, the winners must contact the Promoter via the Electrical Safety Office Facebook messenger service and provide their full name and email address. The Promoter will securely post or email the prize to the winners. The Promoter and their promotional partners are not responsible for any loss or damage in relation to the prize once it has been awarded.
- If a prize winner does not accept their prize within one week of the prize draw, a further prize draw will be conducted from the remaining entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to select alternate winner/s if it determines that the winner/s do not adequately satisfy these terms.
- Prizes are not transferable and not redeemable for cash. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu.
- If the prize is unavailable, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute for the prize with another prize of equal value as determined by the promoter. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to verify, or require the entrant to verify, the entrant’s identity, eligibility to enter the promotion, entry submitted and compliance with these terms.
- If there is a dispute about the identity of the entrant, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine the identity of the Entrant.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that:
- their personal information will be collected by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting the Promotion, conducting future promotions and for marketing purposes
- their personal information may be disclosed by the Promoter in accordance with the promoter’s rights under these terms
- if they win the prize, the Promoter can use their personal information to credit them for their entry and disclose their personal information in communication about the promotion.
Draws and prizes
- If the Promotion is compromised in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion. Notice of any changes to the promotion, including any consequential changes to these terms, will be given at the Facebook page.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, each entrant completely releases Facebook from all liability arising in any way out of the promotion. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the promoter is not liable for any injury, damages, expenses or loss whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) to persons or property arising in any way out of the Promotion.
- Each entrant indemnifies and keeps indemnified the Promoter against all claims, losses or damages and expenses suffered by the Promoter or any third parties arising out of the breach of these terms, the conduct of the entrant in relation to the promotion, or use of the prize.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the Promotion is final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into regarding such decisions, the Promotion, these Terms or the results.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.