Actions that should be taken by employers and workers to ensure workplace hygiene and cleanliness is achieved to the standard necessary to protect people against COVID-19 infection. Includes compliance advice, guides, templates, links to other COVID-19 websites and answers to common workers’ compensation questions.
Keeping your workplace safe, clean and healthy during COVID-19
You must take action to protect workers and others at the workplace from the risk of exposure to COVID-19 so far as is reasonably practicable. This includes implementing the public health measures issued by health authorities including Queensland Health and the Australian Government Department of Health. It is vital that you consult with and communicate with workers and their health and safety representatives (HSRs) on workplace measures to address COVID-19.
- Put in place a plan to respond to COVID-19
- Implement measures to keep workers safe and stop the spread of COVID-19
Obligations for workers
- You must take reasonable care for your own health and safety and the health and safety of others in your workplace.
- You must co-operate with any reasonable policy or procedure that relates to health or safety at the workplace.
COVID Safe Businesses
Guidance for businesses wanting to understand the COVID Safe Businesses framework and how industries can submit Industry COVID Safe Plans for approval to operate with more customers than the baseline restrictions in the Roadmap to Easing Restrictions.
WorkCover Queensland update
WorkCover is here to support our customers and address their needs during this time.
We have some frequently asked questions (FAQs) to help workers, employers, and providers with general questions regarding both COVID-19 claims, and existing workers' compensation claims that are not COVID-19 related.
- Statement of Regulatory Intent – Regulatory approach to Australian Work Health and Safety legislation – COVID-19
- Australian Government: Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Queensland Government: Coronavirus updates for Queenslanders
- Queensland Health: Self quarantine information
- Queensland border restrictions
- Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws
- Code of Practice: Managing the work environment and facilities
- COVID-19 cleaning and disinfection recommendations
- Australian Government measures and assistance
- Queensland Government business assistance
- Queensland Government industry recovery package
- Queensland Government COVID-19 Jobs Support Loans
- Smartraveller website
- Domestic and family violence
- SuperFriend: COVID-19 Support Guide
- SuperFriend: Looking after your mental health throughout Coronavirus
- Beyond Blue coronavirus mental welbeing support service
Advice and services
Queensland Governnment COVID-19 updates and alerts
For COVID-19 related health advice, Government actions, resources and translations.
Latest stakeholder bulletin
Safe Work Australia
COVID-19 Information for workplaces
COVID-19 Work Health and Safety
Hotline: 1300 005 018
Advice for employers on managing the risks of COVID-19 – your duties and managing a clean and hygienic workplace.
Fair Work Ombudsman: 13 13 94
For private sector wages, leave, dismissal, stand down and employee entitlement advice.
COVID-19 Workplace Relations Referral Service 1300 003 519
For long service leave, child employment, trading hours and public holiday advice.
Queensland Health: 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
National Coronavirus Health Information Line: 1800 020 080