Lodge your review online - step-by-step
The Office of Industrial Relations independently reviews certain insurers' decisions for workers and claimants. It is not a court process or a re-investigation of the matter. Some insurers' decisions which can be reviewed are:
- a worker's entitlement to compensation
- an insurer's failure to decide a compensation application
- an employer's premium.
Some examples of Insurer decisions in relation to a worker's entitlement to compensation that the Office of Industrial Relations may review are:
- decisions about the time for applying for compensation
- decisions to accept or reject an application for compensation
- decisions to stop payment of compensation
- decisions to increase or decrease weekly payment of compensation
- decisions about injuries on a notice of claim for damages.
The Office of Industrial Relations review service is free. We do not require you to have a legal representative. If you choose to engage a solicitor to help, you will need to pay any fees they charge you for the help. You may be able to obtain some free assistance by calling the Workers' Compensation Advisory Service, Queensland Council of Unions on 1800 102 166 (you don't need to be a union member).
What you will need to complete this form?
The following information is required when you lodge a review online:
- Claim number
- Employer details
- Facts or submissions relating to the claim
Note: The application will timeout if a section of the form is open for longer than an hour. If this happens your data will not be saved or sent to the Office of Industrial Relations.
Supporting information for your review can be uploaded further on throughout the application. The application form cannot be saved once it has been started, you will need to complete the application and submit at the end of the form.
- Last updated
- 18 May 2018