Queensland Mental Health Week
Mentally healthy workplaces toolkit
Download a copy of this film (MP 2MB)
- Read transcript
Authorised by the Queensland Government, Brisbane.
Mentally healthy workplaces have benefits for everyone regardless of your industry or business size.
Mentally healthy workplaces have fewer workers compensation claims, reduced work-related injuries, higher productivity, and lower absenteeism
For every $1 invested in a mentally healthy workplace there is a $2.30 return.
The new mentally healthy workplaces toolkit from Workplace Health and Safety QLD can help you on your journey to creating a mentally healthy workplace via practical resources and tools.
Join hundreds of other businesses around Queensland to celebrate Queensland Mental Health Week, 5-13 October 2019. Mental Health Week helps to promote the importance of mental health and wellbeing and reduce the stigma associated with mental illness.
|Mental Health Forum|
Thursday 10 October, 8am-5pm
Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Brisbane
|Fatigue management live stream|
Wednesday 9 October, 2pm
- Organise a mental health awareness session to reduce stigma and promote help seeking behaviours. You can show and discuss Libby Trickett's film about her personal experience with mental health issues or check out Heads up toolbox talks on how to get a mental health conversation started in your workplace.
- Learn about the early warning signs that indicate a worker may need support. If you notice any changes in behaviour, engage in meaningful conversations with those who may be under stress.
- Download our Mentally healthy workplaces toolkit and other information and resources to help you take positive steps towards a mentally healthy workplace.
- Conduct a psychosocial risk assessment (or review your existing assessment) by talking to workers at team meetings, workplace walk throughs and during individual conversations.
- Remind staff about how to access information on local mental health services or your employee assistance provider.
- Arrange a morning tea for staff to help them connect and take a break. Consider fundraising for a mental health organisation doing great work in your community.
- Find out more about what others are doing at on the Mental Health Week website and register your event on their calendar.
Request a visit from Queensland Mental Health Ambassador Libby Trickett
Four-time Olympic gold medal winning swimmer and Queensland Mental Health Ambassador Libby Trickett shares her story to raise awareness and promote the importance of mental health in the workplace. Submit a request to have a health and safety ambassador attend your event - check your event meets the criteria before you submit.
Frequently asked questions
View our frequently asked questions on our events, resources and how to contact us.
Title for row this item
Row column content..