Workplaces in the construction, manufacturing, transport and agriculture industries will be the focus of a year-long statewide audit campaign starting in July 2016 targeting traffic management. read more... about Onsite traffic management and pedestrian safety
An extra $275,000 in compensation payments, longer time off work and more claims indicate that unfortunately hairdressers and beauticians are still being injured on the job, and their injuries are resulting in more time off work than before. read more... about Trimming back the rising workers’ compensation costs
The ability to make a meaningful contribution to the workplace after a serious shoulder injury, which also contributed to a psychological injury, kept this worker focused on the end goal – return to work. When construction worker Jason Berger injured his shoulder on the job, and had no way of returning to the construction industry, an office job was his saviour. read more... about Host employment can change a worker's life
Events View all events
Other news and safety alerts
About professional and administrative services
The professional and administrative services industry incorporates:
- professional, scientific and technical services, including architectural, engineering, legal, accounting, advertising, market research and statistical services, management and consulting, and veterinary services
- computer system design and related services
- administrative services, such as employment services, travel agency and tour arrangement services
- building cleaning, pest control and other support services
- motion picture and sound recording activities
- internet publishing and broadcasting
- telecommunications services
- internet service providers, web search portals and data processing services
- library and other information services
- insurance and superannuation funds
- auxiliary finance and insurance services
- rental and hiring services, such as motor vehicle and transport equipment rental and hiring, farm animal and bloodstock leasing, and other goods and equipment rental and hiring
- property operators and real estate services
- public administration
- public order, safety and regulatory services.
This site includes tailored information relevant to those who work within these industries.
- Last updated
- 31 October 2016
This site encompasses the following industries:
- professional & scientific services
- information media & telecomms
- rental hiring & real estate
- financial & insurance services
- admin & support services.
Is stress weighing you down at work? See the signs and ask for help
Hear Libby’s story and find out more about being mentally healthy at work.