Workplace bullying: issues at common law
27 Aug 2014
WorkCover hosted a webinar presented by Bill Rogers from Crown Law on Wednesday 27 August 2014.
Crown Law has noticed a trend of a number of damages claims being brought due to alleged bullying and harassment in the workplace.
These claims become problematic to defend when the employer has not taken any steps, or not taken adequate steps, to investigate any allegations of bullying and harassment.
This webinar covered:
- workplace bullying legislative requirements
- what behaviours constitute bullying and harassment
- how bullying and harassment occurs
- reasonable management action
- what the common law says about claims for bullying and harassment
- real case examples
- employer obligations to investigate allegations of bullying and harassment
- common issues that arise in defending bullying and harassment claims.
- Last updated
- 30 June 2015
WorkCover Queensland accident insurance policy renewal
Pay your premium in full or set up a payment plan quickly and easily online before the 30 September deadline.