Registrations are now open for the national Musculoskeletal Disorders Symposium 24-25 March 2020, with expressions of interest sought from workplaces to present case studies outlining their own successes targeting musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
If you have tackled hazardous manual tasks, or slip trip and falls risks, and have positive experiences to share with others then apply to feature in this national event now! The symposium is the perfect place to highlight the successes you've experienced while preventing MSDs at your workplace.
With a focus on safety by design, the two-day symposium features international and industry speakers, workshops, trade expos and a networking dinner. Delegates will hear about the latest research, best practice strategies and the critical role safety by design plays in preventing MSDs.
Day one features keynote presentations, case studies and more than 15 different breakout sessions to choose from across five streams. Day two includes workshops to reinforce the lessons from the previous day.
A networking dinner is pencilled in at the end of the first day (Tuesday 24 March) and includes a keynote presentation, as well as a three-course meal.
- Nick Buettner, Vice President for Product at Blue Zones, presenting National Geographic funded research on the longest-lived and healthiest places in the world. He will discuss the common lifestyle and cultural traits of these locations and how these traits align to workplaces.
- Professor Sarah Sharples, University of Nottingham,discussing how technology is changing the way we work, and how work is designed.
- Dr Christopher R. Reid, Boeing,talking on the improved acceptability and utilisation of industrial exoskeletons, including how they can be designed to fit a variety of worker sizes and demands.
If you're interested in profiling your success in cutting MSD risk, let us know at ErgonomicsUnit@oir.qld.gov.au.
Musculoskeletal Disorders Symposium
Date: Tuesday 24 March and Wednesday 25 March 2020.
Location: Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, South Bank, Brisbane
See the full program and register now for the
- symposium ($300 including GST),
- the networking dinner ($80 including GST),
- or the symposium and networking dinner ($360 including GST)