Skip to content

I lease a consulting suite in a clinic based in a private hospital and have medical indemnity but am unsure about the public liability insurance.

Depending on the practice arrangements, a supplier may be unsure about who provides public liability insurance for their practice. Generally, the person who owns the rooms will have a public liability insurance policy in place, however the supplier must ensure it covers their practice and all staff performing services within their practice, and not make any assumptions.

Please seek advice from your insurance broker/advisor if you have any concerns about what applies in your situation. WorkCover cannot provide advice on this topic.

It is the supplier’s responsibility to obtain a copy of both insurance certificates and ensure they remain valid throughout the term of the contract. They will also be required to send updated certificates of currency to their RM annually.