The mining industry has seen another drop in workers’ compensation injury claims in the last year, continuing the falling injury trends seen in the last four years. read more... about Mining workplace injuries drop for fourth year in a row
Did you know that musculoskeletal injuries are the cause of over half of all workers’ compensation claims received each year in Queensland? In the mining industry, musculoskeletal injuries (for example muscle sprains/strains and back injuries) make up over 53% of all injuries, with 770 new claims lodged in the 2014-15 financial year. read more... about Reducing the strain
Getting highly skilled construction and mining workers to stay in the industry after they are injured at work was the focus of a forum hosted by WorkCover Queensland. read more... about How to keep skilled workers in an industry after injury
Events View all events
There are currently no events for Electricity; Mining.
Other news and safety alerts
- Small business and its director fined more than $40,000 for unsafe electrical practices
- Updated Medical Items Table of Costs including new diagnostic imaging fees—effective 1 April 2020
- Edge protection company and its director fined $55,000 for exposing workers to risk of serious injury or death
- An update from WorkCover Queensland on COVID-19
- Availability of disposable respirators during the COVID-19 pandemic
About mining and resources
Mining and resources industries incorporates mining industry types of:
- coal mining, both underground and open cut
- oil and gas extraction
- metal ore mining
- non-metallic mineral mining and quarrying including construction material mining
- exploration and other mining support services
- other mining support services.
It also incorporates electricity, gas, water and waste services, which includes:
- gas supply
- water supply, sewerage and drainage services
- waste collection, treatment and disposal service.
This site includes tailored information relevant to those who work within these industries.
- Last updated
- 05 October 2017
Free resources to measure and improve your safety culture
Make a difference to your organisation’s workplace culture to improve work health and safety. Download a suite of free online resources and get started today!