Safety management systems audits
The purpose of an annual safety management system performance audit is to verify:
- the safety management system documentation continues to comply with legislation
- that the safety management system is achieving its objectives
- that the safety management system is adhering to and maintaining the performance criteria
- that the auditing system of the prescribed entity's safety management system is effective
- that any modification compliance audits have been done when necessary
- that the prescribed entity is giving effect to the safety management system.
Auditors for safety management systems ensure compliance with the Electrical Safety Act 2002 (the ES Act) and the Electrical Safety Regulation 2013 (the ES Regulation) for the following types of audits:
- initial legislation compliance to ensure that when a safety management system is first put into effect the system has been assessed and validated against electrical safety legislation
- modification compliance to verify that modifications to the safety management system align with electrical safety legislation
- safety management system performance to annually verify continued legislative compliance and that the safety management system is achieving its objectives.
More information on installation and safety management systems auditors is available in section 6 of the Guide to Safety Management Systems (PDF, 1432.19 KB) .
Read the criteria auditors must meet to become accredited to work on safety management systems.
Find an accredited auditor for safety management systems in your area.
- Last updated
- 02 July 2018
Codes of Practice are now an enforceable standard to manage hazards and risks
A Work Health and Safety inspector may refer to an approved code of practice when issuing an improvement or prohibition notice.
Get ready to renew your policy from 1 July
WorkCover Queensland’s accident insurance policies are due for renewal from 1 July–31 August each year. Read up on everything you need to know to get ready for policy renewal.