Accident Insurance Policy
If you would like to take out an accident insurance policy with WorkCover Queensland, you can either apply for a policy online or call us on 1300 362 128. Applying for a policy will take between 5 to 15 minutes of your time.
Who can set up a policy?
Any authorised person from an employer can set up a policy. Examples of an authorised person include a director of a company, internal accountant, finance officer, or a wife/husband of a sole trader.
Trust as an employing entity
If your workers are paid by a trust, we require the trustee's (i.e. a company, partnership or sole trader) information as they will be the policyholder.
If you'd like more information about taking out a policy, call us on 1300 362 128.
Before starting your application you'll need:
- 5 minutes to get a premium estimate
- 15 minutes to apply for a policy
- The following information:
- To get an estimate
- The date your employees will commence working
- Wages information from today until the end of the current financial year
- A brief description of your business's primary business activity to establish your WorkCover industry classification (WIC) To apply for a policy
- Australian Business Number (ABN) if you have one
- Australian Company Number (ACN) if you have one
- GST status and GST certificate if available
- Your workplace details, including the business or trading name and physical address.
- Last updated
- 28 August 2019
Complete this short survey to assist with the new design
We are changing the way we organise information to make it simpler and easier for you to find - but we need your help to inform how we do this.