Accident insurance policy
If you would like to take out an accident insurance policy with WorkCover Queensland, you can either apply for a policy online or call us on 1300 362 128. Applying for a policy will take about five to ten minutes of your time.
Who can set up a policy?
Any authorised person from an employer can set up a policy. Examples of an authorised person include a director of a company, internal accountant, finance officer, or a wife/husband of a sole trader.
Where an application is received from a third party (i.e. accountant or insurance broker) we should also receive verbal or written authorisation for the third party to act on behalf of the employer. This must come from an authorised person.
Information we need from you
You will require the following information to fill out the online application, or apply over the phone:
- an estimate of wages the employer will be paying to workers for the remainder of the financial year (gross including superannuation)
- a brief description of the primary business activity to establish the WorkCover Industry Code (WIC)
- business location (Queensland address) and contact details
- the Australian Business Number (ABN) and Australian Company Number (ACN) of the business (if available)
- full names of directors/partners/trustees/sole trader
- date of birth of directors/partners/trustees/sole trader
- banking details for the business for any refunds or claim payments.
Trust as an employing entity
Trusts are not recognised by WorkCover Queensland as employing entities. If your workers are paid by a trust, we require the trustee's (i.e. a company, partnership or sole trader) information as they will be the policyholder.
If you'd like more information about taking out a policy, call us on 1300 362 128.
- Last updated
- 11 August 2017
North Queensland Injury Prevention and Return to Work Conference
The conference is back in 2018 with a new line-up of expert speakers addressing the needs of those on the frontline of safety, rehabilitation and return to work. Register now!