The Workers' Compensation Regulator regulates all insurers in Queensland, which includes WorkCover Queensland and self-insured employers under the Workers' Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003 (WCR Act).
As part of the Workers' Compensation Regulator's self-insurer performance management program, the Queensland Treasury, through Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ), is responsible for the administration of work health and safety (WHS) performance requirements for current and prospective self-insurers in Queensland.
This role requires that WHSQ:
- undertakes compliance checks of self-insurer WHS performance
- coordinates WHS management system audits with new and existing self-insured employers
- reports on audit findings to the Workers' Compensation Regulator
- accredits suitably qualified WHS professionals to undertake WHS management system audits of potential and existing self-insured employers
- maintains a register of accredited WHS management systems auditors (self-insurance).
The following guides outline the legislative and administrative requirements of these functions:
- Self-insurance guidance - WHS performance reporting arrangements (PDF, 551.34 KB)
This document provides guidance on the legislative requirements, WHS performance standards and reporting that apply to an employer or a group employer for the purpose of an application or renewal for self-insurance.
- Self-insurance guidance - Auditor appointment procedures (PDF, 923.74 KB)
The Queensland Treasury accredits WHS auditors (self-insurance) for the purpose of undertaking WHS management system audits as part of the WHS performance reporting for applicant self-insurance employers. This document provides guidance on the administrative procedures and appointment conditions for WHS auditor (self-insurance) accreditation in Queensland.
- Self insurance fees and charges
A list of fees payable for preparation of WHS performance reporting and administration charges for auditor appointment, accreditation and renewal.
- Application to add or remove a member to or from a group self-insurance licence (PDF, 131.11 KB)
This document allows self-insured employers to add or remove an entity from their licence.
Apply for self-insurance
- Form 79.1 Application for renewal – single employer self-insurance licence (PDF, 538.18 KB)
This document is used to apply for renewal of a licence as a self-insurer for single employers under the WCR Act.
- Form 79.2 Application for renewal – group employer self-insurance licence (PDF, 542.45 KB)
This document is used to apply for renewal of a licence as a self-insurer for group employers under the WCR Act.
- Form 42 Application for reinsurance set limit (PDF, 523.28 KB)
This document is used to apply for the set limit for reinsurance under the WCR Act.
- Last updated
- 18 October 2017
Register now for Safety Leadership Challenge Mid-Point Event
Attend an after-work event on 20 November 2017 on the progress of the Safety Leadership Challenge. Hear directly from the leaders involved around their challenges and solution.