Health care and social assistance
Community service workers play an important role in assisting others. Often their workplace is someone's home.
Workers may be exposed to a range of hazards depending on the services provided, the geographical location and the clients being cared for.
The following information has been developed to assist community service providers, workers and people receiving services to make workplaces safer:
- When community workers come to your home … (PDF, 1230.94 KB)
- Restricted use lifts in homes for people with limited mobility (PDF, 84.84 KB)
- Guide to working safely in people's homes (PDF, 1979.3 KB)
The interactive checklists below should be used in conjunction with the Guide to working safely in people's homes. The checklists are not exhaustive, and you may wish to use items according to your own circumstances. The checklists should be completed in consultation with the workers involved.
- Accessibility and safety of premises checklist (PDF, 72.09 KB)
- Manual tasks checklist (PDF, 39.84 KB)
- Equipment checklist (PDF, 52.82 KB)
- Hazardous substances checklist (PDF, 32.01 KB)
- Checklist overview(PDF, 33.34 KB)
The Health Care and Social Assistance Strategy 2019-2022 (PDF, 661.15 KB) has been developed to reduce the incidence and severity of injury and disease in the Queensland health care and social assistance industry.
- Last updated
- 24 September 2019