Services and assistance
We offer a range of free services to help small businesses to develop and apply health and safety systems in the workplace.
These services are available to businesses with little or no safety systems in place, and priority will be given to businesses with fewer than 20 workers.
We can provide a one-on-one advisory visit at your workplace or other location that suits you. A representative from WHSQ can spend up to three hours with you to:
- discuss health and safety issues at your workplace
- advise on how to develop and implement your own safety management system
- help you to devise a strategy and solutions to manage health and safety hazards
- provide you with templates, checklists and resources to help you manage work health and safety.
Please note that this is an advisory visit only, and we cannot audit your workplace or ‘sign off’ on your safety systems. For information on engaging external consultants for these purposes please see our information sheet on getting help with safety(PDF, 347.18 KB) .
If you are part of a business network or linked group (such as franchises, co-located businesses or industry associations) you can request a safety workshop to help build skills in managing work health and safety. We will contact you to discuss your needs and potential topics, and arrange other details such as time and location.
Workshops generally run for two hours and can be presented on a range of topics including:
- basic safety management systems
- risk management
- safe work procedures
- safe work method statements (for high risk construction work only).
- hazardous manual tasks
- hazardous chemicals
- injury management and return to work
Presentations and other services
Safety advisors can present at your meetings or at business events about a range of work health and safety issues. Typical events include training days, network meetings and annual general meetings. Submit a request online or contact us to see how we can help.
- Last updated
- 24 April 2018