Insurance and injuries
As a small business, we know there are lots of things you need to be thinking about. To make it easier, we've prepared this page with information that aims to help you with any insurance or work-related injury questions, so you can get on with running your business.
Do you need a policy?
You can positively impact on premium by reducing costs:
- Prevention is better than cure – keep your workplace safe
- Make a claim as soon as possible
- Work with us and support your worker to recover at work or return to work quickly
- Promote an injury prevention culture in the workplace
- Be return to work focused and have suitable duties available immediately, as this can reduce the risk of common law.
Injuries at work
Health benefits of work
Useful sections on our website
- Case studies
- Health and wellbeing
- Industry sites - these sites can provide you with information specific to your industry
- Latest news and events
- Register or login to online service
Other useful resources
- Australian Business Licence and Information Service
- Australian Taxation Office
- Business and Industry portal - Queensland Government
- National Safety Council of Australia Safety Basics Program
- Workers' Compensation Helpline
We're here to help
- Last updated
- 25 May 2017
Get ready to renew your policy from 1 July
WorkCover Queensland’s accident insurance policies are due for renewal from 1 July–31 August each year. Read up on everything you need to know to get ready for policy renewal.