Mentally healthy workplaces workshops
The Mentally healthy workplaces workshop provides frontline managers and supervisors with information and resources to help them identify, assess and manage risks to psychological health and safety within their team.
This half day workshop aligns with the Office of Industrial Relations Mentally Healthy Workplaces Toolkit and includes an overview of the:
- legislation relevant to psychological health and safety
- organisational data which can be monitored to assess increased risk to workers’ psychological health and safety
- process for identifying and assessing psychosocial hazards and factors that may contribute to psychological harm
- integrated model for promoting positive mental health practice, prevention of psychological health, early intervention and supporting recovery following an injury or illness that may impact on psychological health.
The workshop will also provide supervisors and managers with a framework to:
- recognise warning signs to support early intervention
- have supportive conversations and identify suitable workplace adjustments
- understand the privacy and disclosure requirements
- respond to critical/distressing workplace events
- role model positive behaviours.
Upcoming Mentally healthy workplaces events
Mentally healthy workplaces workshop - Brisbane - 28 November (All industries)
The Mentally Healthy Workplaces workshop will equip frontline managers and supervisors with foundational skills to identify, assess and manage risks read more Mentally healthy workplaces workshop - Brisbane - 28 November...
28 Nov 2019 8:30 am to 28 Nov 2019 12:30 pm
Mentally healthy workplaces workshop - Brisbane - 11 December (All industries)
The Mentally Healthy Workplaces workshop will equip frontline managers and supervisors with foundational skills to identify, assess and manage risks read more Mentally healthy workplaces workshop - Brisbane - 11 December...
11 Dec 2019 8:30 am to 11 Dec 2019 12:30 pm
- Last updated
- 15 August 2019
Register for a free information session
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland in collaboration with the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists will deliver 10 information sessions across the state.
Lend Lease reaps benefit of helping motivated injured workers recover at work
Property and infrastructure group, Lend Lease is giving injured workers a new lease on life and rehabilitating them back to work sooner through WorkCover Queensland's Recover at Work host employment program.