Mental Health Week 8 - 14 October
Mental Health Week aims to promote the importance of mental health and wellbeing and reduce the stigma associated with mental illness. Get involved and learn more about what your workplace can, and should, be doing to reduce the risks of psychological illness or injury.
We are holding two free events during Mental Health Week and encouraging employers to talk to workers about positive mental health practices in their workplace.
Mentally healthy workplaces forum
Tuesday 10 October, 8.00am, Victoria Park Golf Complex, Brisbane
Held on World Mental Health Day, this forum has Libby Trickett, Kate Memish from beyondblue and real case studies showcasing the strategies and programs businesses are using to address mental health at their workplace.
Emotionally challenging work - Managing the risk webinar
Thursday 12 October, 11.00am
This webinar has experts on managing the risks associated with roles that involve emotionally challenging work discussing strategies to keep workers psychologically healthy and safe.
Mental Health Week in your workplace
There are plenty of ways you can promote the importance of positive mental health at work during the week:
- Organise a mental health awareness session to reduce stigma and promote help seeking behaviours. You can show and discuss Libby Trickett's film about her personal experience with mental health issues or check out Heads up toolbox talks on how to get a mental health conversation started in your workplace.
- Remind staff about how to access information on local mental health services or your employee assistance provider.
- Arrange a morning tea for staff to help them connect and take a break. Consider fundraising for a mental health organisation doing great work in your community.
- Checkout our mental health at work information and resources to help you take positive steps towards a mentally healthy workplace.
- Find out more about what others are doing at on the Mental Health Week website.
- Last updated
- 28 August 2017
WorkCover Queensland accident insurance policy renewal
Pay your premium in full or set up an interest free payment plan quickly and easily online before the 30 September deadline.