The IPaM process
Once a business commits to participating in the IPaM program they will be allocated a dedicated IPaM Advisor to work with, initially for up to 12 months to complete the program.
IPaM advisors are not inspectors, their role is to provide advice and support, not to enforce compliance. IPaM advisors work closely with employers during multiple visits to identify and address specific opportunities for improvement.
As part of the program employers will work with an advisor to complete:
- reviews of health, safety and injury management systems
- identification of workplace hazards
- assessment of workplace safety climate
- a tailored business improvement plan
The IPaM advisor will provide ongoing support by:
- supplying information, guidance and support on a broad range of workplace health and safety, injury management and rehabilitation issues
- organising regular meetings to discuss progress towards the employer's business improvement goals.
What steps are involved in the program?
Step 1: Agreement
The IPaM advisor will hold an initial meeting with you and secure your agreement to join the program.
Step 2: Assessments
The IPaM advisor will spend time with you to understand their existing arrangements and identify areas for improvement. This will be done through:
- a review of your current safety management systems
- observing your workplace hazards
- looking at your existing injury management arrangements
- understand your workplace safety culture and climate
Step 3: Planning
The IPaM Advisor will work with you to develop a tailored business improvement plan which sets out activities and milestones for improving injury management systems.
Step 4: Implementation
Following development of the improvement plan, the IPaM Advisor will arrange regular catch ups to assist with implementing the plan and monitoring progress.
Step 5: Review
Once your business has completed the program, your advisor will undertake a review which identifies areas that need ongoing attention, future opportunities for continued improvement and lessons learned through the process.
- Last updated
- 11 December 2017
WorkCover Queensland accident insurance policy renewal
Pay your premium in full or set up an interest free payment plan quickly and easily online before the 30 September deadline.