About the program
The Injury Prevention and Management program (IPaM) works with Queensland employers to develop improved injury prevention and injury management systems.
The IPaM program works with employers to review their current injury prevention and management processes and develop a business plan for improving identified areas.
The program differs from a traditional 'hazards and risks' approach to one which considers workplace systems and organisational culture. The program provides employers with advice and tools to improve the following areas:
- managing work health and safety
- workplace hazard identification
- injury management and return to work outcomes
- workplace safety culture and climate.
To find out more, download the IPaM brochure (PDF, 529.02 KB).
How IPaM can help my business
The IPaM program has helped more than 900 employers in Queensland to improve management processes, lower costs and enhance employees' health and wellbeing.
IPaM has worked with employers from a broad range of industries including manufacturing, agriculture, forestry and fishing, construction, transport, health care and labour hire.
Outcomes for businesses who have successfully completed the IPaM program include improvements in:
- injury prevention processes
- safety management systems
- rehabilitation and return to work systems
- injury management outcomes
- worker participation and involvement
- accountability for work health and safety
- lowering insurance premium rates
- reduced workplace injuries.
- Last updated
- 11 December 2017
North Queensland Injury Prevention and Return to Work Conference
The conference is back in 2018 with a new line-up of expert speakers addressing the needs of those on the frontline of safety, rehabilitation and return to work. Register now!