When there is a death in the workplace
A death in the workplace is always investigated - to find out what happened and to determine ways to prevent the same thing from happening again.
A death in the workplace – A guide for family and friends (PDF, 274.6 KB) provide information to family and friends who have been affected by a workplace death. It explains the roles of agencies after a death in the workplace and the steps taken by agencies. The guide includes contact resources that may be able to provide information and support to family and friends.
The guide attempts to give answers to some of your questions about what to expect and what will happen next. It explains:
- the roles of the various government agencies that may be involved
- what investigations will be undertaken, when and by whom
- the legal processes and decisions
- some practical matters that you will need to manage
- the services and support that may be offered to you by other organisations.
- Last updated
- 04 April 2017
Register now for Safety Leadership Challenge Mid-Point Event
Attend an after-work event on 20 November 2017 on the progress of the Safety Leadership Challenge. Hear directly from the leaders involved around their challenges and solution.