National and international agencies
- ACT – WorkSafe AC
- NSW – SafeWork NSW
- NT – NT WorkSafe
- SA – SafeWork SA
- Tasmania – WorkCover Tasmania
- Victoria – WorkSafe Victoria
- WA – Department of Mines and Petroleum for major hazard facilities and dangerous goods.
- WA – WorkSafe for regulation of workplace safety and health.
- Australian National Security - provides information about chemicals of security concern.
- Comcare – administers work health and safety legislation in the Commonwealth jurisdiction.
- National Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment Scheme (NICNAS) – provides a national system to assess new industrial chemicals for health and environment risks and maintains the Australian Inventory of Chemical Substances (AICS).
- National Transport Commission (NTC) – publishes the Australian Dangerous Code.
- Safe Work Australia – leads the development of national policy to improve work health and safety and worker’s compensation arrangements across Australia.
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) – publishes the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations relating to air transport.
- International Maritime Organisation (IMO) – publishes technical guidelines and standards for shipping including the International Marine Dangerous Goods Code relating to sea transport.
- Last updated
- 16 July 2019