Ongoing responsibilities for suppliers
Meeting the pre-market requirements for selling in-scope electrical equipment is only the first step for a responsible supplier.
Ongoing responsibilities include:
- ensuring electrical equipment sold continues to be electrically safe and meets the relevant standards
- implementing quality assurance to stop unsafe equipment reaching the marketplace, and if it does, have processes in place to minimise the risks and remove product form the market.
A responsible supplier must take reasonable steps to:
- acquire and keep up-to-date knowledge of electrical safety matters
- gain an understanding of the nature of the operations of the business and of the hazards and risks associated with those operations, including understanding the risks the equipment they sell may have
- ensure that the business has available for use, and uses, appropriate resources and processes to eliminate or minimise risks to electrical safety
- ensure that the business has appropriate processes for receiving and considering information regarding incidents, hazards and risks and responding in a timely way to that information
- ensure that the business has, and implements, processes for complying with any legislation relating to the sale of electrical equipment
- verify the provision and use of the resources and processes mentioned in paragraphs (c) to (e).
- Last updated
- 12 September 2019