Centacare Community Services (Centacare) provides a variety of support to disability and aged care clients, employing over 1,900 employees who provide support to 7,800 clients in over 200 locations across South East Queensland. These services range from assistance with community participation, in-home support and respite care. read more... about Centacare Community Services hazardous manual tasks risk
Over 85 employers from the childcare industry gathered at WorkCover Queensland’s first ever childcare industry forum to gain insights into industry trends, advice on reducing work related injuries and minimising impacts on people. read more... about Childcare leaders gain valuable advice at industry forum
Paramedic Anthony Windle was diagnosed with a back injury and, at 60 years old, had doubts he would ever be able to return to the job he loves. Watch Anthony's story in this new short film. read more... about Good to get back – Anthony's story
Events View all events
There are currently no events for Health.
Other news and safety alerts
About health and community care
The health care and social assistance industry incorporates:
- medical and other health care services, such as general practice and specialist medical services, pathology and diagnostic imaging, allied health, and ambulance
- residential care services
- social assistance services, including child care.
This site includes tailored information relevant to those who work within these industries.
- Suitable duties
- If you are injured at work poster
- Benefits of early return to work
- Resources to identify suitable duties
- Prevention and management of work-related violence and aggression in health services (PDF, 1588.47 KB)
- Health Care and Social Assistance Strategy 2019-2022(PDF, 661.15 KB)
- Design Council UK – Film: Making accident and emergency departments safer places to work
- Last updated
- 11 November 2019
Free resources to measure and improve your safety culture
Make a difference to your organisation’s workplace culture to improve work health and safety. Download a suite of free online resources and get started today!