Over 85 employers from the childcare industry gathered at WorkCover Queensland’s first ever childcare industry forum to gain insights into industry trends, advice on reducing work related injuries and minimising impacts on people. read more... about Childcare leaders gain valuable advice at industry forum
Paramedic Anthony Windle was diagnosed with a back injury and, at 60 years old, had doubts he would ever be able to return to the job he loves. Watch Anthony's story in this new short film. read more... about Good to get back – Anthony's story
It’s not always possible to return to the same job after an injury. But a different job with a host employer could be the answer. read more... about Short film shows benefits of Recover@Work
Events View all events
The Safe Work and Return to Work Awards recognise and celebrate organisations and individuals for their read more Safe Work and Return to Work Awards Ceremony...18 Oct 2017 11:00 am to : - Add to calendar
Other news and safety alerts
- Support for people with work-related respiratory diseases
- Return to work services panel tender agreements extended
- Independent medical examinations (IME) panel review
- Household worker insurance protects Coorparoo family after freak house-sit accident
- WorkCover Queensland positively promoting mentally healthy workplaces
About health and community care
The health care and social assistance industry incorporates:
- medical and other health care services, such as general practice and specialist medical services, pathology and diagnostic imaging, allied health, and ambulance
- residential care services
- social assistance services, including child care.
This site includes tailored information relevant to those who work within these industries.
- Last updated
- 27 September 2017
Is stress weighing you down at work? See the signs and ask for help
Hear Libby’s story and find out more about being mentally healthy at work.