Renewable energy standards update
Installers and suppliers of renewable energy systems, including solar PV systems, should note that the renewable energy standards have been updated.
AS/NZS 4777.1:2016 Grid connection of energy systems via inverters – Part 1: Installation requirements now incorporates advances in technology and equipment available. It should still be read in conjunction with the AS/NZS 3000 wiring rules and also AS/NZS 5033 if the energy source includes a photovoltaic (PV) array.
The update further details installation requirements, including:
- details to clarify installation for multimode inverter systems (for example inverters with both grid interactive and stand-alone functionality)
- details for installations with multiple inverters
- requirements to prevent overvoltage in installations
- documentation and commissioning requirements
- warning signs and labelling
- an informative annex to outline some design considerations for inverter energy systems.
The transition period for AS/NZS 4777.1:2016 is until 30 March 2017. Installers are encouraged to use this latest version as soon as possible because of the improved safety outcomes.
AS/NZS 4777.1 requires inverters to comply with AS/NZS 4777.2 Grid connection of energy systems via inverters – Part 2: Inverter requirements.
Please keep in mind AS/NZS 4777.1:2005 or AS/NZS 4777.1:2016 editions are still being applied. All inverters in new installations are required to comply with AS/NZS 4777.2:2015.
For more information, visit electricalsafety.qld.gov.au.
- Last updated
- 24 November 2016
MSD symposium 2017 presentations now available
Listen to a range of presentations from the MSD symposium 2017 with national and international speakers addressing the latest approaches to musculoskeletal disorders.