Need urgent help? The following are some of the services available to help. Visit the links below, or call WorkCover Queensland on 1300 362 128 for more information.
Mental health support
- 1300 MH CALL (1300 642 255) is a confidential mental health telephone triage service for Queenslanders that provides the first point of contact to public mental health services
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Beyondblue: 1300 224 636
- Workers’ Psychological Support Service: 1800 370 732 or email@example.com. Queenslanders experiencing a work related psychological injury can access support from a social worker.
Victim of Crime
If you are a victim of a violent crime, there are support services including possible financial support available to you. Information in relation to available support can be found through Victim Assist Queensland.
MATES in Construction
MATES in Construction is an initiative of Building Employees Redundancy Trust (BERT) and other key players in the Queensland construction industry. It is based on best practice principles and expert advice relating to suicide prevention.
MATES in Construction was established to identify workers who display early warning signs of a suicidal attempt, connect them with appropriate support and contribute to a more resilient and healthier industry. It has been successful in gathering support from the broader construction industry that suicide is an issue that can be addressed on construction sites across Queensland.
Visit MATES in Construction for more information.
COVID-19 advice and services
Queensland Governnment COVID-19 updates and alerts
For COVID-19 related health advice, Government actions, resources and translations.
Stakeholder bulletin Latest stakeholder bulletin
Safe Work Australia COVID-19 Information for workplaces
COVID-19 Work Health and Safety
Hotline: 1300 005 018
Advice for employers on managing the risks of COVID-19 – your duties and managing a clean and hygienic workplace.
Fair Work Ombudsman: 13 13 94
For private sector wages, leave, dismissal, stand down and employee entitlement advice.
COVID-19 Workplace Relations Referral Service 1300 003 519
For long service leave, child employment, trading hours and public holiday advice.
Queensland Health: 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
National Coronavirus Health Information Line: 1800 020 080
Need urgent help with mental health support, or experiencing financial hardship? Please see information on some of the services available to help.
- Australian Government: Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Queensland Government: Coronavirus updates for Queenslanders
- Queensland Health: Self quarantine information
- Queensland border restrictions
- Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws
- Code of Practice: Managing the work environment and facilities
- COVID-19 cleaning and disinfection recommendations
- Australian Government measures and assistance
- Queensland Government business assistance
- Queensland Government industry recovery package
- Queensland Government COVID-19 Jobs Support Loans
- Smartraveller website
- Domestic and family violence
- SuperFriend: COVID-19 Support Guide
- SuperFriend: Looking after your mental health throughout Coronavirus
- Beyond Blue coronavirus mental welbeing support service
- Last updated
- 21 April 2020