Builder fined $110,000 over worker impaling, Construction industry leads the way in safe work awards, New concrete pumping code to boost work safety, Lock down worksites safely over Christmas, Construction industry work safety statistics highlighted and much more. read more... about eSAFE Construction newsletter - November 2019
A recent construction industry employer forum discussed the importance of keeping a safe and healthy workplace and the long-term benefits this can bring to both employers and workers. Industry experts provided valuable information on a range of topics from: effective injury prevention and injury management strategies, to mental health in the construction industry and helpful resources available, to common law claims and the associated legal issues. read more... about Employer forum - a safe and healthy workplace can make a big difference
Builder fined $75,000 over worker’s life-changing injury; New inspectors ready to boost construction safety; Preventing tower crane load free-fall; Joint agency blitz targets high rise construction safety breaches; Best practice procurement ensures highest safety standards; Are you set for Safe Work Month?; and much more. read more... about eSAFE Construction newsletter - July 2019
Events View all events
The Mentally healthy workplaces workshop provides frontline managers and supervisors with information and resources to help read more Mentally healthy workplaces workshop - Townsville - 4 March...4 Mar 2020 8:30 am to : - Add to calendar
Other news and safety alerts
Construction work means any work carried out in connection with the construction, alteration, conversion, fitting-out, commissioning, renovation, repair, maintenance, refurbishment, demolition, decommissioning or dismantling of a structure.
The definition of construction work is broad and includes:
- any installation or testing carried out in connection with an activity mentioned above
- the removal from the workplace of any product or waste resulting from demolition
- the prefabrication or testing of elements, at a place specifically established for the construction work, for use in construction work
- the assembly of prefabricated elements to form a structure, or the disassembly of prefabricated elements forming part of a structure
- the installation, testing or maintenance of an essential service in relation to a structure
- any work connected with an excavation
- any work connected with any preparatory work or site preparation (including landscaping as part of site preparation) carried out in connection with an activity mentioned above
- any activity mentioned above that is carried out on, under or near water, including work on buoys and obstructions to navigation.
Code of practice
Visit the laws and compliance section to view all codes of practice.
Laws and compliance
- High Risk Work licences
- Cranes and hoists
- General construction induction
- Scaffolding licences
- Asbestos licences
- Demolition licences
- Construction work health forum encore webinar series
- The right start - building safe work for young workers
- Julie's film: Losing breath
- Jed's film: Building bridges
- Dear dad: an asbestos awareness film
- Managing hazardous manual tasks
Industry audits and safety campaigns
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Stay up to date on recent construction industry news with eSafe Construction.
Read recent eSafe Construction newsletters.
- Last updated
- 10 September 2018