Dust containing respirable crystalline silica (RCS) is generated by high-energy processes such as cutting, sawing, grinding, drilling, polishing, scabbling and crushing of silica-containing materials. read more... about Managing respirable crystalline silica
In this edition: Priority infringement notice offences targeted; HSR training required within three months of election; Bricklayer fined for Springfield Lakes block wall collapse; Tower crane hoist rope and brake failures; Caboolture crane company cops heavy fine after failing to follow manufacturer’s instruction; and much more. read more... about eSAFE Construction newsletter - March 2019
With 42% of construction workers’ compensation claims in Queensland due to musculoskeletal injuries – 33% of those are back related – tradies need to watch more than just their backs and look after all aspects of their health and wellbeing. read more... about Tradies urged to keep a check on health and wellbeing
Events View all events
Workshop one: PlanningThis workshop will help you understand why work health and wellbeing is important and read more Work health and wellbeing workshop 1 - Brisbane 27 June...27 Jun 2019 9:00 am to : - Add to calendar
Other news and safety alerts
Construction work means any work carried out in connection with the construction, alteration, conversion, fitting-out, commissioning, renovation, repair, maintenance, refurbishment, demolition, decommissioning or dismantling of a structure.
The definition of construction work is broad and includes:
- any installation or testing carried out in connection with an activity mentioned above
- the removal from the workplace of any product or waste resulting from demolition
- the prefabrication or testing of elements, at a place specifically established for the construction work, for use in construction work
- the assembly of prefabricated elements to form a structure, or the disassembly of prefabricated elements forming part of a structure
- the installation, testing or maintenance of an essential service in relation to a structure
- any work connected with an excavation
- any work connected with any preparatory work or site preparation (including landscaping as part of site preparation) carried out in connection with an activity mentioned above
- any activity mentioned above that is carried out on, under or near water, including work on buoys and obstructions to navigation.
Code of practice
Visit the laws and compliance section to view all codes of practice.
Laws and compliance
- High Risk Work licences
- Cranes and hoists
- General construction induction
- Scaffolding licences
- Asbestos licences
- Demolition licences
- Construction work health forum encore webinar series
- The right start - building safe work for young workers
- Julie's film: Losing breath
- Jed's film: Building bridges
- Dear dad: an asbestos awareness film
- Managing hazardous manual tasks
Industry audits and safety campaigns
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Stay up to date on recent construction industry news with eSafe Construction.
Read recent eSafe Construction newsletters.
- Last updated
- 10 September 2018
Safety facilitation film based on the true story of Jed Millen
Seen through the eyes of an apprentice, this film highlights the some of the factors that contributed to the incident in which Jed Millen was injured. This film uses Jed's story to highlight the moments, conversations and decisions that could contributed to a different outcome.