Worker checklist: what you need to lodge a claim
Information you need to provide
WorkCover or the self-insurer requires the following information to decide a claim. The more information you can provide, the faster WorkCover or the self-insurer can assess your claim and help you get back to work.
To make a claim, you'll need to provide WorkCover or the self-insurer with:
- your name, date of birth and personal contact information—including email address and mobile phone number
- your employer's name and location
- a work capacity certificate from your initial consult for this injury (your doctor will be able to issue you with this)
- your bank details—BSB, account number and account name
- a Tax File Number declaration (for time loss claims)
- details of your injury and a brief description of when and how it occurred.
If you don't have some of the required information, or are unsure about what information you need, call WorkCover on 1300 362 128 or the self-insurer for assistance.
- Last updated
- 14 June 2019