Skip links and keyboard navigation

Queensland Government site header

Injury travelling to or from work

If a worker is injured on a journey between their home and place of employment, they may be entitled to compensation for their injuries.

This may include if a worker :

  • is injured while on a journey between their home or workplace and a place of trade or training, which they were required to do as part of their work
  • have an existing WorkCover claim, which required a worker to go from their home or workplace to a place for medical or rehabilitation treatment when they experienced an accident that caused further injury
  • were travelling between employment with one employer and employment with another employer.

The Workers' Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003 states that the worker needs to have started the journey without any significant delays or deviations. If an injury occurs within a worker’s home or the boundary of their home, a worker  has not begun their journey and therefore will not be entitled to compensation.

Make a claim for workers' compensation

Last updated
14 June 2019

We'd love your feedback

WorkCover Queensland accident insurance policy renewal

Declare your wages quickly and easily online before the 31 August deadline.


Log in to declare your wages and pay your premium

Log in to online services. Declare wages and pay your premium

Safe Work Month 2020

Register now for FREE virtual events this October.


Safe Work Month 2020