Customer service commitment
Our commitment to customers
WorkCover Queensland is committed to putting the customer first and providing quality experiences. We partner with our customers and stakeholders to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes, creating value for Queensland businesses and workers.
Our values of excellence, integrity, responsiveness and respect are incorporated into everything we do. Our people also aim to live our customer strategy principles – easy, fair and transparent, empowered, consistent and valued – with every customer interaction.
WorkCover's aim is to deliver excellent customer service and to make doing business with us easy. We will always strive to meet our customers' expectations by:
- personally answering calls during business hours
- listening first, then responding in a timely way
- communicating openly and in plain language
- providing contact details of a person to assist
- being fair and impartial in all our interactions.
WorkCover cares about its customers and stakeholders and wants to engage with them in a positive way for mutual benefit through:
- understanding individual requirements
- asking how we can improve
- providing regular updates
- proactively building relationships
- offering value added services.
WorkCover is here to support the often difficult and emotional experience of a work-related injury. We are committed to assisting people to recover at work and liaising with all parties involved to achieve the best possible outcome by:
- communicating regularly with everyone involved
- undertaking necessary rehabilitation
- facilitating an early as possible safe return to work, subject to fitness and capability
- providing support to reduce the impact of the injury
- assisting to reduce the disruption any injury can cause.
WorkCover values customer and stakeholder feedback to help continually improve services. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. We take all reasonable precautions to protect the information given to us by:
- storing personal information securely
- allowing access to information quickly and easily.
We welcome feedback which can help us to improve the service we provide. This can be given to us:
- through our website
- by telephone on 1300 362 128.
WorkCover Queensland is committed to providing customers with exceptional services, ensuring dignity and care in all dealings with us. Our staff provide this service while adhering to our Code of Conduct.
We are also committed to providing a safe and comfortable working environment for our people. This means any aggressive or abusive behaviour towards our staff (e.g. verbal and physical abuse, intimidation, threats etc.) will not be tolerated. Our staff are here to help customers with all their workers' compensation and rehabilitation needs.
As a customer, we would expect you to:
- treat WorkCover staff with courtesy and respect
- treat independent doctors or allied health providers you have been referred to by WorkCover, with courtesy and respect
- provide reasonable assistance and cooperation in our dealings with you; and
- be honest in all your communications with us.
If customers do not meet these expectations, WorkCover may consider placing limitations or conditions on their ability to communicate with staff.
Any such conduct of a criminal nature will be reported to police and if necessary, legal action will be taken.
If you have any concerns regarding our staff conduct, please register your concerns by writing to our Complaints Advisor.
- Last updated
- 30 August 2019
Lend Lease reaps benefit of helping motivated injured workers recover at work
Property and infrastructure group, Lend Lease is giving injured workers a new lease on life and rehabilitating them back to work sooner through WorkCover Queensland's Recover at Work host employment program.