Right to information
The right to information is the Queensland Government's approach to giving the community greater access to information. The Queensland Government has made a commitment to provide access to information held by the Government, unless on balance it is contrary to the public interest to provide that information.
Legislation replacing the Freedom of Information Act 1992 came into effect on 1 July 2009:
The right to information reforms aim to make more information available, provide equal access to information across all sectors of the community, and provide appropriate protection for individuals' privacy.
For more information about the new legislation and whole-of-government policy, go to www.qld.gov.au/righttoinformation.
How do I access information?
There are a number of ways you can access information:
- our publication scheme
- our disclosure log
- our administrative release process
- contact us for more information
- make a formal application under the RTI Act or IP Act.
Our publication scheme describes and categorises information routinely available. It has been developed to give the community greater access to information held by government. Information is grouped and accessible through seven classes:
- about us—who we are and what we do
- services—services we offer
- finances—what we spend and how we spend it
- priorities—what our priorities are and how we are doing
- decisions—how we make decisions
- policies—our policies and procedures
- lists—list of information held in publicly available registers.
Some documents are currently only available as PDF. If you have difficulty accessing this information please contact us and we will endeavour to meet any reasonable request for an alternate version of the document without charge.
- Last updated
- 29 June 2015
Lend Lease reaps benefit of helping motivated injured workers recover at work
Property and infrastructure group, Lend Lease is giving injured workers a new lease on life and rehabilitating them back to work sooner through WorkCover Queensland's Recover at Work host employment program.