Work Health and Safety Board
The Work Health and Safety Board meets under the authority of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, and provides a key link between workers, employers, industry experts and government. Drawing on their practical experience and competence in the management of work health and safety issues, Board members are tasked with:
- ensuring adequate industry consultation
- advising the Minister for Education and Minister for Industrial Relations on state, national and international work health and safety issues
- reviewing the appropriateness of provisions of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, regulations, and codes of practice
- ensuring industry has been adequately consulted on proposed codes of practice
- promoting work health and safety to industry and businesses to encourage a safe and healthy workplace culture
- considering issues referred to them by the Minister for Employment and Industrial Relations.
Work Health and Safety Board members
The term of the former Work Health and Safety Board expired on 8 May 2020. Appointments to a new term of the Board are under consideration by the Minister and it is anticipated that appointments will be made in the near future.
- Last updated
- 27 May 2020
We'd love your feedback
New plan for health and safety released
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland has a new five year strategic plan, prepared in response to the recent Best Practice Review into Work Health and Safety in Queensland.